The role of Culture Counts is to highlight the impact of the cultural sector to policy makers.
As the voice of the sector, we bring knowledge and issues to the table; ensuring that policy makers are informed.
What we do
Culture Counts Monthly.
Calm and collected newsletter of key stories across arts, culture and creativity.
- Scottish Government Creative Industries Growth Sector Briefing 2015 - Creative Industires GVA Gross Value Added (GVA) stood at £3.7 billion in 2013
- Creative Industries Blueprint 2015 - Fiona Hyslop “Scotland’s vibrant creative industries employ more people than the oil and gas industry and have a higher GVA than the life sciences sector."
- DCMS Focus on Employment 2016 - Scotland's Creative Industries employs 117'000
- ScotGov Tourism Statistics In 2015 - Scotland attracted over 14.6 million visitors. Spending by tourists generates around £12 billion of economic activity in the wider Scottish supply chain.
- The British Council "As Others See Us" report. - Research by Ipsos MORI and In2Impact among young adults in Brazil, China, Germany, India and the USA. When asked which one thing makes the UK attractive to them, culture was the most common response, followed by history.