The Culture Counts principles are:
- Cultural expression is an individual right and supports a better understanding of our own and others’ identities.
- Culture is fundamental to our quality of life.
- Culture is a powerful force for renewal, regeneration and sustainability. Culture can bring economic benefits to individuals, communities and the nation.
- Culture makes important contributions to improving the learning, health, wellbeing, confidence and quality of life for individuals and for our communities.
- Culture is crucial in the development of a skilled and imaginative population.
- Culture encourages understanding, value and enjoyment of our environment.
- Culture raises the profile of Scotland at home and abroad, connecting Scotland to the world.
You can Get Involved with the campaign here.