The Culture Counts principles are:
- Cultural expression is an individual right and supports a better understanding of our own and others’ identities.
- Culture is fundamental to our quality of life.
- Culture is a powerful force for renewal, regeneration and sustainability. Culture can bring economic benefits to individuals, communities and the nation.
- Culture makes important contributions to improving the learning, health, wellbeing, confidence and quality of life for individuals and for our communities.
- Culture is crucial in the development of a skilled and imaginative population.
- Culture encourages understanding, value and enjoyment of our environment.
- Culture raises the profile of Scotland at home and abroad, connecting Scotland to the world.
You can Get Involved with the campaign here.
For more information on the post of Executive Leader for Culture Counts, please visit the FST website.